Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Process

Experimenting with the layout-

Hand sketches-figuring out the form of the catalogue.

_______________________________________________________

Its hard for me to break out the text ,move it around and place it in different style in the computer.So over the weekend I tried to stay away from the computer and start figu
ring out my system and grid using lose text
 and images from magazines. 
What I basically did, I printed out a grid and I started cutting different sizes of text,different typeface and images and I started placing them on the grid,moving them around the page and so on..
I realized that Its much easier this way...Its easier to control the images and text this way then using the computer ... 
This technique also taught me how to work with
 hierachy and the treatment of the grid..After doing this sketch I believe that I am able now to do the same using the computer...




No comments:

Post a Comment