Monday, April 27, 2009

P2 Catalog, Process, Final

Primary Sketch:


My catalog had the lifestyles of 5 designers. A typographer, information designer, animator, fashion designer, and film maker. The decision of what artifacts I would be using was part influenced by 5 aspiring designers & part by what these designers would use in their specific field. I was struggling a while with this until I moved away from the computer and worked on paper instead. That way I was able to figure out the dimensions and categories for each lifestyle (designer). This was one of my primary sketches for the catalog. I placed the artifacts on a scale/dimension of their own.
Folding:

When I looked into the folding, I had to rework my layout to fit the grid that the folding created.
And the double sided printing meant more space for the information to be distributed in. I used the folding to complete some of lifestyles' pages when closed. This is how the final turned out.
Side A (Front):

Side B (Back):

No comments:

Post a Comment